Our New to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) is a web-based and downloadable tool, guiding people newly eligible for Medicare through commonly asked questions and action steps to ensure they get the most of their Medicare coverage. This tool helps beneficiaries:
- Understand how to enroll in Medicare, and the rules for when they can delay enrollment without a penalty;
- Know if they have creditable drug coverage (either through Medicare Part D or other drug coverage);
- Know their options for supplementing Medicare;
- Be aware of low-income programs to help cover Medicare costs for those who qualify; and
- Know resources available for additional Medicare information and assistance.
As the baby boomer population continues to age, this is a handy tool for advocates, providers and counselors to give to their clients, both those coming into Medicare due to age, and those qualifying due to a disability.