Follow these steps to prevent Medicare ID fraud:
- Keep your Medicare and Social Security cards secure.
- Don’t share your numbers with anyone but your health care team.
- If someone calls and asks for your Medicare information, hang up. Medicare will only call you if you’ve called and left a message or a representative said that someone will call you back.
- Check your statements carefully and log into Medicare.gov to spot any possible fraud or billing mistakes.
- Report suspicious activities by calling our California Senior Medicare Patrol at 1-855-613-7080.