Available via an annual subscription, our 32 fact sheets cover 9 different Medicare and other health insurance topics. Those fact sheets pertaining to Medigap Basics include:
- Supplementing Medicare: Medigap Plans (B-002)
- Supplementing Medicare: Your Rights to Purchase a Medigap Policy (B-005)
Websites & Other Resources
- California Department of Insurance
- 1-800-927-4357 Information about Medigap and long-term care policies available in your area.
- Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program (HICAP)
- 1-800-434-0222 Free counseling about Medicare, Medigap policies, Medicare Advantage (formerly known as Medicare+Choice) plans, filing an appeal and long-term care insurance.
- Medicare.gov – The Official U.S. Government Site for People with Medicare
- 1-800-MEDICARE (633-4227) Information on Medicare, Medigap policies, Medicare Advantage (formerly known as Medicare+Choice) plan options, prescription drug assistance programs, nursing homes and home health care, and other Medicare-related issues.