Available via an annual subscription, our 32 fact sheets cover 9 different Medicare and other health insurance topics. Those fact sheets pertaining to Medicare Advantage include:
- Medicare Advantage (Medicare Part C): An Overview (C-001)
- Medicare Advantage: If You Have Problems with Your Medicare Advantage Plan (C-002)
- When Medicare Advantage Plans Terminate Coverage (C-003)
Websites & Other Resources
1-888-HMO-2219 Complaints about managed care; information on health plans, HMO report cards, and health care laws and regulations.
California’s Quality Improvement Organization (QIO), which provides:
California Medicare Appeals Helpline: 1-877-588-1123
Helps beneficiaries appeal discharge from a hospital, skilled nursing facility, home health agency or comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation facility. Also files complaints regarding quality of Medicare-covered services.
Variety of current articles on Medicare-related topics, including some on Medicare Advantage plans.
- Medicare.gov – The Official U.S. Government Site for People with Medicare
- 1-800-MEDICARE (633-4227) Information on Medicare, Medigap policies, Medicare Advantage plan options, prescription drug assistance programs, nursing homes and home health care, and other Medicare-related issues.
- Office of the Patient Advocate
- 1-866-HMO-8900 Information on the rights and benefits of Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) members in California; information and assistance in filing consumer complaints; access to an HMO Help hotline in multiple languages; consumer publications such as HMO report cards.
- Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program (HICAP)
- 1-800-434-0222 Free counseling about Medicare, Medigap policies, Medicare Advantage plans, filing an appeal and long-term care insurance.