Donate to California Health Advocates
We invite you to jump in (like this enthusiastic penguin ) and give. Your help ensures the continuation of our advocacy and education work on behalf of California’s over 5 million Medicare beneficiaries.
CHA provides quality Medicare and related health care coverage information, education and policy advocacy.
You can make a donation online below, or if you’d like to mail in a check, please send it to:
California Health Advocates
5380 Elvas Ave., Ste 221
Sacramento, CA 95819
- "California Health Advocates provided tremendous assistance to me as I assisted my 93 year old father to change his medicare coverage. It was a cumbersome process for me and CHA made prompt insurance contacts for me so that I could complete the application process within the deadline. They also overcame obstacles to my father getting the coverage he was entitled to. In addition, the training and technical assistance CHA provides to HICAP is invaluable."– Alana M.
- “New to Medicare clients are often quite articulate and organized but overwhelmed with all the advertising material they receive in the mail. When I show them the fact sheets, it's as if the heavens opened up. The charts and fact sheets are wonderful tools that help clarify and make sense of all the complicated details surrounding Medicare.”— Alameda County HICAP Counselor
- “Thank you for your 2011 TrOOP info! If only I had looked at your website first!… I now have a very clear explanation of what costs count toward TrOOP, thanks to your website info. Perhaps the industry will need to change the term ‘True Out of Pocket’ to avoid confusion. Thank you!”— DonnaSan Francisco
- “Thank you again for being our guest speaker…. The information you gave regarding Medicare fraud was both enlightening and frightening. We are all aware of the fraud perpetuated by unscrupulous parties, but I had no idea of the scope and organization the fraud; especially involving the ethnic communities. I would like to call on you to speak at other community meetings; I will be in touch!”— Alex E, Co-chairCommunity Housing Coalition, California Adult and Aging Commission
- “Thank you for providing an outstanding training to our counselors and staff on Medicare fraud and abuse. Your stories and discussion on what’s happening out there in the world of crimes against Medicare really opened our counselors’ eyes to what is happening in our own backyard and gave them a greater appreciation for the amazing work being done by the Senior Medicare Patrol!”— Debbie Reed,Santa Cruz County HICAP Program Manager
"In January, my doctor sent a claim to Medicare for a walking boot which I needed for a medical condition. Medicare denied the claim even though the boot was a covered item. Since the doctor was not paid, he insisted that I pay $284.85 out of pocket, which I paid, however I was sure this was not a fair practice.
I brought my case to the California Senior Medicare Patrol and Sandy Morales, Complex Case Manager, worked on the issue for several months. She was an intermediary between Medicare and my doctor and after several conversations, she was able to convince the doctor to re-submit the claim for the boot, along with the appropriate documentation indicating medical necessity.
Bottom line: in September, Medicare paid the doctor for the valid claim and the doctor reimbursed me for the full $284.85.
Thank you Sandy and Senior Medicare Patrol for being such a strong advocate for a grateful Medicare beneficiary."— Marcy B