Donate to California Health Advocates
We invite you to jump in (like this enthusiastic penguin 🙂 ) and give. Your help ensures the continuation of our advocacy and education work on behalf of California’s over 5 million Medicare beneficiaries.
CHA provides quality Medicare and related health care coverage information, education and policy advocacy.
You can make a donation online below, or if you’d like to mail in a check, please send it to:
California Health Advocates
5380 Elvas Ave., Ste 221
Sacramento, CA 95819
You can also donate funds by creating a fundraiser (such as a birthday fundraiser) on Facebook for California Health Advocates :-). It’s easy and is a great way to support our work and mission. To do it, just go to: https://www.facebook.com/fund/cahealthadvocates/. Facebook will walk you through the simple steps to set it up. Thank you in advance for thinking of us and for your generosity!
- “We feel so lucky to have found the services of CHA. Without your advocacy efforts, we would have just accepted the denial from my long-term care insurance company. Because of your efforts, we received $9,386.87. Bonnie, we are so thankful there are people like you in this crazy world of health care. It shouldn't be this hard to provide care for our elderly, especially when an insurance policy has been purchased. I have shared our experience with my peers, friends and family. I highly recommend CHA and their advocacy services.”— The A. Family, Sacramento
- “Wow! We love your presentation and personality! Thank you for coming to class and sharing your expertise on Medicare Fraud and HICAP! The students have shared with me that you have been their favorite speaker so far! They loved your stories and enthusiasm! It’s so good that the students and myself are seeing the big picture and the interrelatedness of programs. You gave us all something to think about. Thanks again for generously sharing your time with our students!”— Gina HansenProfessor, Gerontology Dept., American River College
- “Your website is a breath of fresh air...It is very well organized, written, and very helpful. It is also pleasing to the eye when navigating through it. You organized a complicated set of information which the readers can sift through easily and learn. Thank you so much for the wonderful website.”— Cozet C.Clinical Pharmacist Consultant
- “CHA’s fact sheets are an indispensable component to our volunteer training and resource reference material. Because they are so well written and easy to understand, we give them to our clients as back up to our counseling sessions. We also display a variety of fact sheets at the various community outreach events that we participate in. We can always rely on CHA fact sheets to be up-to-date and accurate.”— Tatiana Fassieux,Program Manager, Butte County HICAP – a program of PASSAGES
"In January, my doctor sent a claim to Medicare for a walking boot which I needed for a medical condition. Medicare denied the claim even though the boot was a covered item. Since the doctor was not paid, he insisted that I pay $284.85 out of pocket, which I paid, however I was sure this was not a fair practice.
I brought my case to the California Senior Medicare Patrol and Sandy Morales, Complex Case Manager, worked on the issue for several months. She was an intermediary between Medicare and my doctor and after several conversations, she was able to convince the doctor to re-submit the claim for the boot, along with the appropriate documentation indicating medical necessity.
Bottom line: in September, Medicare paid the doctor for the valid claim and the doctor reimbursed me for the full $284.85.
Thank you Sandy and Senior Medicare Patrol for being such a strong advocate for a grateful Medicare beneficiary."— Marcy B
- California Health Advocates (CHA) is an invaluable resource for our Contra Costa HICAP (SHIP) program. This organization supports HICAP statewide in numerous ways. We have used CHA for training new volunteer counselors, for providing our first-line resource materials primarily through their fantastic fact sheets, and for very important technical research as they look up applicable federal governmental regulations about very complicated matters. This latter service is greatly appreciated because those of us who work in the field are dealing with the immediate needs of clients and don’t have the time to pore through government regulations.— Ruth AtkinHICAP Program Manager, Contra Costa County