Donate to California Health Advocates
We invite you to join us for #GivingTuesdayNow on May 5, 2020, a new global day of giving back to create a wave of generosity to give, help, thank, and heal.
We particularly appreciate your extra support during this COVID-19 pandemic as we get the most current and up-to-date Medicare and health insurance related information out to our state’s over 6 million beneficiaries, their caregivers, families and professionals.
The CARES Act allows – for the 2020 tax year – people to take up to a $300 tax deduction for donations to nonprofits. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
You can donate below or via our Facebook campaign.
CHA provides quality Medicare and related health care coverage information, education and policy advocacy.
You can make a donation online below, or if you’d like to mail in a check, please send it to:
California Health Advocates
5380 Elvas Ave., Ste 221
Sacramento, CA 95819
You can also donate funds by creating a fundraiser (such as a birthday fundraiser) on Facebook for California Health Advocates :-). It’s easy and is a great way to support our work and mission. To do it, just go to: https://www.facebook.com/fund/cahealthadvocates/. Facebook will walk you through the simple steps to set it up. Thank you in advance for thinking of us and for your generosity!
- “Thank you again for being our guest speaker…. The information you gave regarding Medicare fraud was both enlightening and frightening. We are all aware of the fraud perpetuated by unscrupulous parties, but I had no idea of the scope and organization the fraud; especially involving the ethnic communities. I would like to call on you to speak at other community meetings; I will be in touch!”— Alex E, Co-chairCommunity Housing Coalition, California Adult and Aging Commission
- “We consider the CHA Fact Sheets a staple, not only of of our service delivery, but also of our new-counselor training. The Fact Sheets are well-written, clear and complete, and a very helpful tool when explaining Medicare's complex features to beneficiaries. The CHA Fact Sheets are updated in a timely manner, too, making their website the go-to-resource for accurate information.”— Margaret ReillyProgram Manager, HICAP Services of Northern California, West Sacramento
- “We feel so lucky to have found the services of CHA. Without your advocacy efforts, we would have just accepted the denial from my long-term care insurance company. Because of your efforts, we received $9,386.87. Bonnie, we are so thankful there are people like you in this crazy world of health care. It shouldn't be this hard to provide care for our elderly, especially when an insurance policy has been purchased. I have shared our experience with my peers, friends and family. I highly recommend CHA and their advocacy services.”— The A. Family, Sacramento
- “…I just want to say thank you for all the work that California Health Advocates does to stop letting long-term care insurance companies write policies that are not fair to the public. If I had not found Bonnie Burns… I would have given up a long time ago. I am so thankful.”— Sharon D.
- “Thank you so much for the technical assistance provided by Bonnie Burns to our HICAP counselor during February and March of 2011. Our client had trouble with a long term care policy that was refusing to pay. With Mrs. Burns’ help, our counselor was able to have the client’s policy begin paying for her long term care at a benefit level of $100/day. With HICAP’s help, the client will be able to save an estimated $118,381 over 3 years! The client’s family is very happy and appreciative of our help”— Tatiana FassieuxProgram Manager, Butte County HICAP – a program of PASSAGES
- "I just wanted to say thank you for all you do and for all that CHA helps us with. We function much better as an organization knowing we have you and all of the CHA team for support and especially resources."— Maria Profeta, Stanislaus County HICAP Program Manager