Donate to California Health Advocates
We invite you to jump in (like this enthusiastic penguin 🙂 ) and give. Your help ensures the continuation of our advocacy and education work on behalf of California’s over 5 million Medicare beneficiaries.
CHA provides quality Medicare and related health care coverage information, education and policy advocacy.
You can make a donation online below, or if you’d like to mail in a check, please send it to:
California Health Advocates
5380 Elvas Ave., Ste 221
Sacramento, CA 95819
You can also donate funds by creating a fundraiser (such as a birthday fundraiser) on Facebook for California Health Advocates :-). It’s easy and is a great way to support our work and mission. To do it, just go to: https://www.facebook.com/fund/cahealthadvocates/. Facebook will walk you through the simple steps to set it up. Thank you in advance for thinking of us and for your generosity!
- — George StarkyResident Service Coordinator
- "California Health Advocates provided tremendous assistance to me as I assisted my 93 year old father to change his medicare coverage. It was a cumbersome process for me and CHA made prompt insurance contacts for me so that I could complete the application process within the deadline. They also overcame obstacles to my father getting the coverage he was entitled to. In addition, the training and technical assistance CHA provides to HICAP is invaluable."– Alana M.
- “The value of the CHA Fact sheets to our HICAP program is huge. Counselors can get current information and data figures, the fact sheets are easy to read, finding the answers needed is easy with the wonderful index. The fact sheets also help our Medicare clients by giving them information they can rely on to be correct and current and written in an manner they can understand. Our clients like to have something in hand to remind them of all the information they just heard and the fact sheets fit that bill perfectly.”— Debbie ShallyHICAP Program Manager, Sonora
- “I got these (Medicare fraud alert) flyers and am thrilled to have them in so many languages. I serve a large Russian and Korean population and my folks grabbed these flyers up and were so appreciate to have them in their languages. Thanks so much for your efforts in helping us keep our seniors informed and aware!”— Resident Service CoordinatorAlameda County
"In January, my doctor sent a claim to Medicare for a walking boot which I needed for a medical condition. Medicare denied the claim even though the boot was a covered item. Since the doctor was not paid, he insisted that I pay $284.85 out of pocket, which I paid, however I was sure this was not a fair practice.
I brought my case to the California Senior Medicare Patrol and Sandy Morales, Complex Case Manager, worked on the issue for several months. She was an intermediary between Medicare and my doctor and after several conversations, she was able to convince the doctor to re-submit the claim for the boot, along with the appropriate documentation indicating medical necessity.
Bottom line: in September, Medicare paid the doctor for the valid claim and the doctor reimbursed me for the full $284.85.
Thank you Sandy and Senior Medicare Patrol for being such a strong advocate for a grateful Medicare beneficiary."— Marcy B
- “I just viewed your SMP web page and I must say it is very impressive. I really enjoyed the site and spent much time (3 hours this evening to be exact) learning. It is so good that I will have my English speaking volunteers use it as a training tool. You should receive recognition for such an ‘impressive’ web page!“—Rachanna R.Texas Senior Medicare Patrol, SCOS, Inc.