Donate to California Health Advocates
This year, Tuesday, December 3 is #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving back. This day also marks the beginning of our year-end fundraising campaign that goes through December 31.
We love launching our campaign on this day because we believe in the heart of the #GivingTuesday movement. Giving does good. Not only do people receiving a gift feel good, but the giver is filled with happiness and a fulfilling sense of doing something good!
And, this act of giving has a ripple effect and can easily spread smiles and good feelings far and wide, causing a cascade of good things! And, in the stresses of life, including political strife, rising health insurance costs and uncertainty, spreading good is an important and essential way to give back to our families and communities!
We invite you to join us and donate to CHA during our year-end fundraiser!
Your gift, which will be doubled through our matching grant, will help us ensure California beneficiaries, their families and caregivers are fully informed and empowered in their health care rights and accessing the care they need.
CHA provides quality Medicare and related health care coverage information, education and policy advocacy.
- “We feel so lucky to have found the services of CHA. Without your advocacy efforts, we would have just accepted the denial from my long-term care insurance company. Because of your efforts, we received $9,386.87. Bonnie, we are so thankful there are people like you in this crazy world of health care. It shouldn't be this hard to provide care for our elderly, especially when an insurance policy has been purchased. I have shared our experience with my peers, friends and family. I highly recommend CHA and their advocacy services.”— The A. Family, Sacramento
- “You and your organization are true warriors, and I feel privileged to have witnessed the [successful fraud] fight! ...Everyone involved in this fight was just amazing! Now we tell everyone we know to watch out for fraud, and if they are a victim, call SMP!”— Deborah Gilman RNMSN, California
- "I wish to take this opportunity to express a heartfelt thank you for your fine work through your office and Pam Brown's that enabled me to retrieve my Medicare insurance that was inadvertently canceled may my insurer in error. Just received my medical card today. We are so relieved. A lovely lady with Medicare gave me the HICAP number and through another very nice lady (Muriel Smalheiser) I was able to speak with Pam who contacted you at California Health Advocates. I am so grateful to all of you, as my wife who is very ill battling a rare cancer, as sick as she was, tried to assist me in my application during the open conversion period, would have been disastrous for me not to have coverage. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your caring and your fine work."-- Phil R.
- "I am 72 years old, receiving SSB as my sole source of income. Starting June 2018, I will be receiving Medicare benefits, in addition to basic Medical coverage. Your website provided me with all the necessary information I needed, in order to understand how Medicare-Medical work together to maximize my benefits. Thank you so much...!!!"
- “The CHA Fact Sheets are invaluable; I do not know what we would do without them! It would be impossible to counsel and reach the population that we do, if the fact sheets were not available. They provide us with a template in which we base all our sessions on, and with them, we can confidently say to the client that we are providing them with accurate and detailed information, which will guide them into making a decision that is appropriate for them. They are the best thing next to sliced bread!”— Jennifer Tam, San Francisco HICAP Program Manager
- "I just wanted to say thank you for all you do and for all that CHA helps us with. We function much better as an organization knowing we have you and all of the CHA team for support and especially resources."— Maria Profeta, Stanislaus County HICAP Program Manager