Donate to California Health Advocates
We invite you to jump in (like this enthusiastic penguin 😀 ) and give. Your help ensures the continuation of our advocacy and education work on behalf of California’s over 5 million Medicare beneficiaries.
CHA provides quality Medicare and related health care coverage information, education and policy advocacy.
You can make a donation online below, or if you’d like to mail in a check, please send it to:
California Health Advocates
5380 Elvas Ave., Ste 221
Sacramento, CA 95819
You can also donate funds by creating a fundraiser (such as a birthday fundraiser) on Facebook for California Health Advocates :-). It’s easy and is a great way to support our work and mission. To do it, just go to: https://www.facebook.com/fund/cahealthadvocates/. Facebook will walk you through the simple steps to set it up. Thank you in advance for thinking of us and for your generosity!
- "California Health Advocates provided tremendous assistance to me as I assisted my 93 year old father to change his medicare coverage. It was a cumbersome process for me and CHA made prompt insurance contacts for me so that I could complete the application process within the deadline. They also overcame obstacles to my father getting the coverage he was entitled to. In addition, the training and technical assistance CHA provides to HICAP is invaluable."– Alana M.
- “Thank you so much for the technical assistance provided by Bonnie Burns to our HICAP counselor during February and March of 2011. Our client had trouble with a long term care policy that was refusing to pay. With Mrs. Burns’ help, our counselor was able to have the client’s policy begin paying for her long term care at a benefit level of $100/day. With HICAP’s help, the client will be able to save an estimated $118,381 over 3 years! The client’s family is very happy and appreciative of our help”— Tatiana FassieuxProgram Manager, Butte County HICAP – a program of PASSAGES
- “For the record, the rave reviews of your presentation which started immediately after you left, continued through the lunch hour. . . and again at this week's meeting.... On behalf of "The View" (and myself), thank you again for your thought-provoking and informative presentation.”— Corinne S.Programming Volunteer for “The View”
- California Health Advocates (CHA) is an invaluable resource for our Contra Costa HICAP (SHIP) program. This organization supports HICAP statewide in numerous ways. We have used CHA for training new volunteer counselors, for providing our first-line resource materials primarily through their fantastic fact sheets, and for very important technical research as they look up applicable federal governmental regulations about very complicated matters. This latter service is greatly appreciated because those of us who work in the field are dealing with the immediate needs of clients and don’t have the time to pore through government regulations.— Ruth AtkinHICAP Program Manager, Contra Costa County
- “Thank you again for being our guest speaker…. The information you gave regarding Medicare fraud was both enlightening and frightening. We are all aware of the fraud perpetuated by unscrupulous parties, but I had no idea of the scope and organization the fraud; especially involving the ethnic communities. I would like to call on you to speak at other community meetings; I will be in touch!”— Alex E, Co-chairCommunity Housing Coalition, California Adult and Aging Commission
- “We feel so lucky to have found the services of CHA. Without your advocacy efforts, we would have just accepted the denial from my long-term care insurance company. Because of your efforts, we received $9,386.87. Bonnie, we are so thankful there are people like you in this crazy world of health care. It shouldn't be this hard to provide care for our elderly, especially when an insurance policy has been purchased. I have shared our experience with my peers, friends and family. I highly recommend CHA and their advocacy services.”— The A. Family, Sacramento