Our California Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) has a new fraud-fighting tool available. It’s called My Health Care Tracker, is available in English and Spanish and it can help beneficiaries prevent, detect and report suspected Medicare fraud. How? Let’s read more about it, as shared on the SMP National Resource Center website…
My Health Care Trackers offer:
- A place for people to record health care products and services received and take notes about appointments
- Instructions on how to compare the health care services, tests, and/or medical equipment items documented in the tracker to what was billed on their Medicare statements
- This may reduce the amount the beneficiary owes
- This may detect if medical identities have been stolen
- Finding and reporting inaccuracies when reading Medicare statements protects the Medicare program for generations to come
- A list of important contacts, such as Medicare and Social Security
- An explanation about SMP work, including how SMPs work with people one-on-one, educate them in group education and exhibits, and engage volunteers
- A description about volunteering for SMP, including all the roles that volunteers perform
- A page about the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP), including when and how to contact the SHIP. (Note: California’s SHIP is HICAP – Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program)
My Health Care Tracker comes in both vertical and horizontal formats.
See a preview of the vertical format here: https://www.flipsnack.com/BD675888B7A/trackerverticalfinal-znf63nxwb1.html
To order your free My Health Care Tracker, contact our California SMP at 1-855-613-7080.