“Making Medicare understandable and accessible in a friendly, feel-good way” is one of the goals of the newly launched website for California Health Advocates (CHA). “With close to 1,000 pages of quality and reliable Medicare information for consumers and professionals, we strive for a site that is both welcoming and easy for people to get their questions answered and equipped with helpful resources,” said Tatiana Fassieux, Board Chair for California Health Advocates.
CHA’s new website (cahealthadvocates.org) serves beneficiaries, their families and caregivers, and professionals with:
- Up-to-date information about Medicare benefits for Californians,
- Information on options, rights and resources regarding long-term care (LTC) and LTC insurance,
- Tools to detect, report and prevent fraud, and
- Technical information for professionals working directly with California’s Medicare beneficiaries.
“The big state of California deserves a dedicated website for its over 5.6 million Medicare-covered residents, both young and old,” said Bonnie Burns, Training and Policy Specialist with California Health Advocates. “Not only does California have the largest number of Medicare beneficiaries in the nation, but also has several state laws giving added protections and rights to California’s Medicare beneficiaries that other sites such as Medicare.gov do not explain.”
CHA’s new website contains accurate, unbiased information specific to California on Medicare basics (eligibility, enrollment, costs, and coverage), ways to supplement Medicare coverage, Medicare Advantage plans, Medicare appeals, and Medicare coverage for people with disabilities. It also has information on options for obtaining Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage, and programs for people with low incomes, as well as information on long-term care and fraud prevention.
CHA’s easy-to-navigate site also provides direct access to:
- Medicare fact sheets covering 9 major Medicare and other health insurance related topics (available via subscription);
- News articles/blogs on Medicare topics;
- Fraud alerts and humorous video skits;
- Press releases and actions in policy and advocacy;
- Educational workshops and webinars; and
- Newsletter sign-up for our California Medicare News, blog blasts, fraud news alerts and upcoming educational trainings.
Visit www.cahealthadvocates.org for information on Medicare coverage for Californians and resources for professionals working with California’s Medicare population.
# # #
California Health Advocates is dedicated to Medicare beneficiary advocacy and education efforts for Californians. (www.cahealthadvocates.org).