California Health Advocates, as part of the California Collaboration for Long Term Services and Supports (CCLTSS), submitted this letter of response to the Governor’s 2023-24 proposed budget. CCLTSS is compromised of nearly 60 state and regional aging and disability organizations that promote dignity, health, and independence in community living.
- Thanks the Governor for his continued commitment and expresses appreciation for preserving investments made in 2021-22
- Underscores 2023-24 budget investments that impact older/ disabled adults
- Highlights missed opportunities
- Urges focus and attention on the growing older/ disabled adult population and ways to transform ageism into positive images of our older/disabled adult population
Some of the positives of the proposed budget include:
- The continued investment in the Master Plan for Aging to remedy longstanding inequities in California’s systems that support older adults and people with disabilities
- Increased cash assistance in the SSI/SSP program, maintained expansion of Medi-Cal coverage and affordability
- Funding to support the implementation of CalAIM
- Investments in housing and homelessness
- Continued support for COVID-19 response, and
- Commitment to working towards universal LTSS coverage in California
Read the letter for full details.