California Health Advocates celebrates ten years of success in policy, training and advocacy for California’s beneficiaries and their families. Growing from a budget of under $200,000 in 1997 to one of over $1.78 million in 2007 is just one marker of California Health Advocates’ growth in services, recognition and positive influence on Medicare education and promotion of beneficiaries’ rights state and nationwide. In this newsletter edition, Clare Smith, California Health Advocates CEO/President and Tatiana Fassieux, California Health Advocates Board Chair offer their reflections and congratulations, and we invite you to learn about California Health Advocates:
- Our people
- Milestones, accomplishments,
- Moving forward, and also
- Our honoring of Dr. Mark Smith, President/CEO of California HealthCare Foundation.
- View our photo album.
California Health Advocates Extends Gratitude and Thanks to Its Many Generous Grantors!
- Administration on Aging
- Archstone Foundation
- California Association of Area Agencies on Aging
- California Department of Aging
- California Department of Managed Health Care
- The Center for Civic Partnerships
- The California Endowment
- California HealthCare Foundation
- Center for Medicare Education
- The California Wellness Foundation
- Contra Costa County
- MicroSoft PC Empowerment Initiative
- Pacific Bell Foundation
- Sierra Health Foundation
A message from Tatiana Fassieux
Butte Co. HICAP Program Manager, California Health Advocates Board President:
“I congratulate California Health Advocates for its significant positive impact on the lives of California Medicare beneficiaries over the last 10 years. CEO/President Clare Smith has been the driving force to ensure that the organization is recognized as a strong advocate and partner for Medicare beneficiaries on the National scene. Her leadership and committed staff have ensured that California’s voice is heard in Sacramento and Washington D.C. I am proud to be the Board Chair of such a dedicated organization!”