By Bonnie Burns, Training & Policy Specialist
Following CalPERS’s withdrawal from the class action settlement the parties held a joint case conference with the court on May 5th. CHA does not have the details of that case conference but we are told that the lawsuit will go to a jury in the fall.
In the meantime the executive committee of the California State University Emeritus and Retired Faculty and Staff Association (CSU-ERFSA) has issued a resolution calling for an investigation into the CalPERS long term care insurance program and relief from excessive increases in premium rates for policyholders. Here is the link to that resolution: https://www.csuerfsa.org/index.php/csu-erfsa-executive-committee-approves-resolution-calling-for-an-investigation-of-the-calpers-long-term-care-program
We will post more information as we receive it.
See our previous CalPERS updates:
- CalPERS Update #6: CalPERS Opts Out of Settlement
- CalPERS Update #5: Settlement Decision Deadline is January 28, 2022
- CalPERS Long Term Care Update #4: Replacement Coverage Deadline Extended
- CalPERS Long Term Care Insurance Class Action Update #3 (Oct 2021)
- Update #2 on CalPERS Settlement & Premium Increase
- CalPERS Update: Premium Increases & Class Action Settlement Are Not Related