The House is scheduled to vote today to repeal the Affordable Care Act (for the 33rd time). If your representative is likely to vote for repeal and you’d like to persuade him/her to do otherwise, here are some talking points:
- Congress should focus on creating jobs, ending outsourcing and improving the economy instead of voting for the 33rd time to take patient protections away from Americans.
- A vote to repeal will take away patient protections for Americans that they already enjoy:
- Up to 17 million children can no longer be denied coverage because of a pre-existing condition.
- 6.6 million young people have obtained insurance through their parents’ plans.
- 5.3 million seniors have already saved $3.7 billion on prescription drugs.
- 105 million Americans no longer face lifetime limits on their insurance coverage.
And here’s a link to current news articles on this topic.