Early last month, President Obama hosted a ‘tele’-town hall meeting for Medicare beneficiaries about the Affordable Care Act and Medicare fraud prevention efforts in light of the first $250 donut hole rebate checks that were sent out mid June. This meeting can be viewed online at whitehouse.gov.
In this video, President Obama discusses the following topics:
(Note: By clicking on a linked question, it will take you directly to that section of the video.)
- Why does it take 10 years to close the doughnut hole completely?
- Will Medicare Advantage changes hurt benefits?
- Is there more support for primary care?
- How does reform affect living independently vs in a nursing home?
- Are Medicare & Social Security going to run out of money for future generations?
- What’s going to happen to COBRA subsidies?
For more information on health care reform and Medicare, see our article, What Does Health Reform Mean for Medicare Beneficiaries? Summary of Key Provisions.