- Medicare Basics
- Prescription Drugs
- Low-Income Help
- Medicare Advantage
- Medicare & Other Health Insurance
- Billing, Claims & Appeals
- Long-Term Care
- Health Care Reform
- Fraud & Abuse
- Health Care Disparities
- MIPPA Watch
- CHA News
CHA News Editor/Writer:
MPH, Publications Consultant
- California's Working Disabled Program Got Even Better ~ Summary of Changes in Effect Since 8/1/11
- Jun 5, 2012 People with disabilities can work, still qualify for Medi-Cal's health insurance benefits, and save money. This article reviews the California Working Disabled program's benefits and eligibility, and the multiple changes that went into effect August 2011 that allow additional income and resource exemptions, and enrollees who are temporarily unemployed to stay in the program.
- Qualified Low-Income Beneficiaries Can Apply for Premium-Free Medicare Between Jan 1 – Mar 31
- Jan 31, 2012 Many people over 65 who have limited incomes may qualify for free Medicare Part A and B without knowing it. Through the Qualified Medicare Beneficiariy (QMB) program, Medi-Cal will pay Medicare Part A and B premiums as well as Part A and B deductibles and copayments.
- State Stops Paying Medicare Part B Premiums for Beneficiaries with Any Share of Cost Medi-Cal
- APR 20, 2011 Medi-Cal is no longer paying the Medicare Part B premium for any Medicare beneficiaries who have Medi-Cal with a Share of Cost (SOC), unless they meet their SOC in a given month. The change will affect about 700 beneficiaries statewide.
- Medicare Savings Program is Extended for Low-Income Beneficiaries
- Jan. 11, 2011 The Medicare and Medicaid Extenders Act of 2010 signed by Obama last month extends the Qualified Individual (QI) Medicare Savings Program through December 31, 2011.
- New Website Helps Californians Find Free or Low-Cost Health Care Services
- July 29, 2009
- Governor Proposes $9 Billion in New Massive Cuts; Entire Programs Targeted for Elimination
- June 2, 2009
- New 'Elder Index' Seeks to Replace Outdated Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Citizenship Proof Required for Medicaid Eligibility Beginning on July 1st
- How Are People with Medicare and Medi-Cal Fairing Under Medicare Part D?