Medicare & Other Health Insurance
- Medicare Basics
- Prescription Drugs
- Low-Income Help
- Medicare Advantage
- Medicare & Other Health Insurance
- Billing, Claims & Appeals
- Long-Term Care
- Health Care Reform
- Fraud & Abuse
- Health Care Disparities
- MIPPA Watch
- CHA News
CHA News Editor/Writer:
MPH, Publications Consultant
- Learn the Facts on Medigap
- Feb 25, 2013 INSURANCE Learn and share the facts around Medigap, including: who uses these policies, the Medigap insurance market, the regulation of Medigap, the proposed cost-shift to beneficiaries, and the flawed assumption that increasing Medicare beneficiaries out-of-pocket costs will save money and reduce “unnecessary” care.
- AB 151 Increases California Beneficiaries' Rights to Purchase Medigap Policies
- Nov 3, 2011 California Medicare beneficiaries will have an expanded right to buy a guaranteed issue Medicare supplement insurance policy (Medigap) without health screening after January 1, 2012, thanks to California Assembly Bill 151 by Assemblyman Monning.
- Q&A: Does California Law Allow Health Screening for Medigaps?
- July 27, 2011 Review your rights to purchase a Medigap policy without a health screening.
- Lawmakers Propose Cuts to Medicare and Medigap Coverage
- July 27, 2011 As debt limit negotiations carry on, lawmakers are considering possible changes in Medicare supplemental plans — moves that could dramatically increase beneficiaries' out-of-pocket costs.
- Bridging the Gap: Affordable Health Care Options in the Pre-Medicare Years
- June 27, 2011 Increasingly, people in their pre-Medicare years who have retired early or lost employer covered health benefits are contacting us with concerns about health insurance. Learn about several useful resources.
- Medigap Changes Are Now in Effect
- June 30, 2010 Learn about the new Medigap plan changes took effect as of June 1, 2010, including the elimination of 4 of the standardized plans (E, H,I and J) and the addition of 2 new ones (plans M and N).
- COBRA Subsidy Extended to February 28, 2010
- Feb. 17, 2010
- FAQs on the New Standardized Medigap Policies Available June 2010
- Nov. 16, 2009
- Are You Eligible for a 65% Reduction on Your COBRA or CalCOBRA Premiums?
- May 12, 2009
- Know Your Rights to COBRA? – Extended Healthcare Benefits for Terminated or Reduced Employment
- Feb. 2, 2009
- Benefits Can Now Be Cut at 65 for Retiree Plans – Does This Ruling Hinder or Help Retirees?
- Jan. 24, 2008
- Most Large Employers Plan to Maintain Drug Coverage for Medicare Retirees over Next 2 Years
- Feb. 2007