- Medicare Basics
- Prescription Drugs
- Low-Income Help
- Medicare Advantage
- Medicare & Other Health Insurance
- Billing, Claims & Appeals
- Long-Term Care
- Health Care Reform
- Fraud & Abuse
- Health Care Disparities
- MIPPA Watch
- CHA News
CHA News Editor/Writer:
MPH, Publications Consultant
- Warm Welcomes to Paula Holden as She Joins Our SMP Team!
- Sep 23, 2013 Based in Chico, Paula will head up our SMP Liaison and volunteer coordination, and develop new outreach opportunities. We are thrilled to have her join our team!
- Farewell & Gratitude to Marta!
- May 15, 2013 Always vibrant and passionate in her work, Marta is now retiring after 8 years of service.
- Legislative Update: Join CHA in Supporting 3 Bills
- May 10, 2011 These bills address a new right to a Medigap policy without a health screening, and oversight and regulations regarding health insurance and long-term care insurance premium rate increases.
- CHA in the News
- Jan. 11, 1011 CHA staff have been interviewed, quoted and mentioned in numerous news articles in the last few months.
- California’s SMP “Educates and Advocates” at the L.A. Fraud Summit
- Oct. 26, 2010 Julie Schoen and Diane Caradeuc, of CA SMP, presented on SMP’s vital role in eliminating Medicare fraud at the second of a series of summits spear-headed by Attorney General Eric Holder and U. S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius.
- Alaska Invites California’s SMP Program to Provide Fraud Prevention Training to Volunteers
- Oct. 26, 2010 Anne Gray, our California SMP Project Coordinator was invited to Anchorage, Alaska on October 22nd to provide Medicare fraud prevention training to a group of over 60 volunteers from around the state.
- Congratulations SMPs! CA and National SMP Programs Receive Prestigious Awards
- Oct. 26, 2010 California’s Senior Medicare Patrol project was granted two Outstanding Performance Awards from the Administration on Aging this fall.
- CHA Briefs
- June 30, 2010 Bonnie Burns Selected to Serve on NAIC’s Consumer Information Subgroup… California’s HMO Guide for Seniors Receives Prestigious International Award… CHA Welcomes Elaine as Our New Executive Director… Prepare for the Boomers! Aging Well in Communities Toolkit Now Available
- Honoring Ann Kasper and Her 18 Years of HICAP Service
- June 30, 2010 Ann Kasper, HICAP Program Manager for Riverside and San Bernardino counties, has retired. Learn more about Ann, her stellar service and what’s next for her.
- California’s Senior HMO Guide Provides Quick Answers & Information on Patient Rights
- Feb. 23, 2010 Newly revised! Contact CHA for a free copy (or copies) for your organization. Available in English and Spanish.
- ABC News Highlights CHA’s Nationally Recognized Senior Medicare Patrol Project
- October 8, 2009
- CHA’s Senior Medicare Patrol Project Receives Three National Awards
- September 3, 2009
- CHA’s Senior Medicare Patrol Project Awarded 3-Year Grant
- June 8, 2009
- Support Mental Well-Being in Your Clients and at Your Workplace: Local Mental Health Resources
- March 2, 2009
- CHA Extends Congratulations and Thanks to Newly Elected Democratic Rep. Jackie Speier
- MAY 7, 2008
- Fond Farewells, Warm Welcomes and CHA’s New Oakland Office
- Celebrating 10 Years with Style and Smooth Jazz
- SPECIAL EDITION, October 2007 - Celebrating 10 Years of Quality Education and Advocacy: 1997-2007
- Bonnie Burns Receives Unprecedented Recognition for Her Work with NAIC