Available via an annual subscription, our 32 fact sheets cover 9 different Medicare and other health insurance topics. Those fact sheets pertaining to Medicare & Other Insurance include:
- Other Health Insurance Coverage with Medicare (F-001)
- Supplementing Medicare: An Overview (B-001)
- Supplementing Medicare: Coverage While You or Your Spouse Works (B-004)
- Retiree Plans (B-003)
- People with Medicare and TriCare for Life (F-002)
- Medicare and Veterans Administration Medical Benefits Package (F-003)
Websites & Other Resources
- California Department of Insurance
- 1-800-927-4357 Information about Medigap and long-term care policies available in your area.
- California Medicare News
- Variety of current articles on Medicare-related topics, including some on retiree plans and other health insurance.
- California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS)
- 1-800-982-1775 Long-term care insurance for California public employees, retirees, their spouses, parents, parents-in-law and adult siblings (age 18 and older).
- California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS)
- 1-800-228-5453 Information on retirement planning and benefits for California teachers.
- Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP)
- 202-606-1800 or 1-888-767-6738 Information on health insurance benefits for federal employees, retirees and dependents.
- Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program (HICAP)
- 1-800-434-0222 Free counseling about Medicare, Medigap policies, Medicare Advantage (formerly known as Medicare+Choice) plans, filing an appeal and long-term care insurance.
- Indian Health Service (U.S. Department of Health & Human Services)
- California area office: 916-930-3927 Part of the Department of Health and Human Services, this organization provides federal health services to American Indians and natives of Alaska.
- Medicare.gov – The Official U.S. Government Site for People with Medicare
- 1-800-MEDICARE (633-4227) Information on Medicare, Medigap policies, Medicare Advantage (formerly known as Medicare+Choice) plan options, prescription drug assistance programs, nursing homes, home health care and other Medicare-related issues.
- National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE)
- General: 703-838-7760; Members: 1-800-456-8410 Advocates for legislation and policies that protect and improve the retirement benefits of federal retirees, employees and their families. Also provides current information and education on federal retiree benefits.
- TRICARE: Official TRICARE site; myTRICARE.com (personal account site)
- Health care program information for active duty and retired members of the military, their families and survivors.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Information about health benefits and services for veterans.
Updated March 11, 2009