Donate to California Health Advocates
We invite you to jump in (like this enthusiastic penguin ) and give. Your help ensures the continuation of our advocacy and education work on behalf of California’s over 5 million Medicare beneficiaries.
CHA provides quality Medicare and related health care coverage information, education and policy advocacy.
- “CHA’s fact sheets are an indispensable component to our volunteer training and resource reference material. Because they are so well written and easy to understand, we give them to our clients as back up to our counseling sessions. We also display a variety of fact sheets at the various community outreach events that we participate in. We can always rely on CHA fact sheets to be up-to-date and accurate.”— Tatiana Fassieux,Program Manager, Butte County HICAP – a program of PASSAGES
- “Thank you for listening to me…. I will always be grateful that you cared and also that you have helped a lot of other people when you worked so hard to change the injustice that was done to a lot of our seniors.”— Sharon
- “Thank you so much for the technical assistance provided by Bonnie Burns to our HICAP counselor during February and March of 2011. Our client had trouble with a long term care policy that was refusing to pay. With Mrs. Burns’ help, our counselor was able to have the client’s policy begin paying for her long term care at a benefit level of $100/day. With HICAP’s help, the client will be able to save an estimated $118,381 over 3 years! The client’s family is very happy and appreciative of our help”— Tatiana FassieuxProgram Manager, Butte County HICAP – a program of PASSAGES
- “…I just want to say thank you for all the work that California Health Advocates does to stop letting long-term care insurance companies write policies that are not fair to the public. If I had not found Bonnie Burns… I would have given up a long time ago. I am so thankful.”— Sharon D.
- “Thank you for providing an outstanding training to our counselors and staff on Medicare fraud and abuse. Your stories and discussion on what’s happening out there in the world of crimes against Medicare really opened our counselors’ eyes to what is happening in our own backyard and gave them a greater appreciation for the amazing work being done by the Senior Medicare Patrol!”— Debbie Reed,Santa Cruz County HICAP Program Manager
- “Your website is a breath of fresh air...It is very well organized, written, and very helpful. It is also pleasing to the eye when navigating through it. You organized a complicated set of information which the readers can sift through easily and learn. Thank you so much for the wonderful website.”— Cozet C.Clinical Pharmacist Consultant