Donate to California Health Advocates
We invite you to jump in (like this enthusiastic penguin ) and give. Your help ensures the continuation of our advocacy and education work on behalf of California’s over 5 million Medicare beneficiaries.
CHA provides quality Medicare and related health care coverage information, education and policy advocacy.
- “The value of the CHA Fact sheets to our HICAP program is huge. Counselors can get current information and data figures, the fact sheets are easy to read, finding the answers needed is easy with the wonderful index. The fact sheets also help our Medicare clients by giving them information they can rely on to be correct and current and written in an manner they can understand. Our clients like to have something in hand to remind them of all the information they just heard and the fact sheets fit that bill perfectly.”— Debbie ShallyHICAP Program Manager, Sonora
- California Health Advocates (CHA) is an invaluable resource for our Contra Costa HICAP (SHIP) program. This organization supports HICAP statewide in numerous ways. We have used CHA for training new volunteer counselors, for providing our first-line resource materials primarily through their fantastic fact sheets, and for very important technical research as they look up applicable federal governmental regulations about very complicated matters. This latter service is greatly appreciated because those of us who work in the field are dealing with the immediate needs of clients and don’t have the time to pore through government regulations.— Ruth AtkinHICAP Program Manager, Contra Costa County
- “We consider the CHA Fact Sheets a staple, not only of of our service delivery, but also of our new-counselor training. The Fact Sheets are well-written, clear and complete, and a very helpful tool when explaining Medicare's complex features to beneficiaries. The CHA Fact Sheets are updated in a timely manner, too, making their website the go-to-resource for accurate information.”— Margaret ReillyProgram Manager, HICAP Services of Northern California, West Sacramento
- "I just wanted to say thank you for all you do and for all that CHA helps us with. We function much better as an organization knowing we have you and all of the CHA team for support and especially resources."— Maria Profeta, Stanislaus County HICAP Program Manager
- “CHA’s fact sheets are an indispensable component to our volunteer training and resource reference material. Because they are so well written and easy to understand, we give them to our clients as back up to our counseling sessions. We also display a variety of fact sheets at the various community outreach events that we participate in. We can always rely on CHA fact sheets to be up-to-date and accurate.”— Tatiana Fassieux,Program Manager, Butte County HICAP – a program of PASSAGES
- “The CHA Fact Sheets are invaluable; I do not know what we would do without them! It would be impossible to counsel and reach the population that we do, if the fact sheets were not available. They provide us with a template in which we base all our sessions on, and with them, we can confidently say to the client that we are providing them with accurate and detailed information, which will guide them into making a decision that is appropriate for them. They are the best thing next to sliced bread!”— Jennifer Tam, San Francisco HICAP Program Manager