Donate to California Health Advocates
We invite you to jump in (like this enthusiastic penguin ) and give. Your help ensures the continuation of our advocacy and education work on behalf of California’s over 5 million Medicare beneficiaries.
CHA provides quality Medicare and related health care coverage information, education and policy advocacy.
- California Health Advocates (CHA) is an invaluable resource for our Contra Costa HICAP (SHIP) program. This organization supports HICAP statewide in numerous ways. We have used CHA for training new volunteer counselors, for providing our first-line resource materials primarily through their fantastic fact sheets, and for very important technical research as they look up applicable federal governmental regulations about very complicated matters. This latter service is greatly appreciated because those of us who work in the field are dealing with the immediate needs of clients and don’t have the time to pore through government regulations.— Ruth AtkinHICAP Program Manager, Contra Costa County
- “Thank you again for being our guest speaker…. The information you gave regarding Medicare fraud was both enlightening and frightening. We are all aware of the fraud perpetuated by unscrupulous parties, but I had no idea of the scope and organization the fraud; especially involving the ethnic communities. I would like to call on you to speak at other community meetings; I will be in touch!”— Alex E, Co-chairCommunity Housing Coalition, California Adult and Aging Commission
- “Wow! We love your presentation and personality! Thank you for coming to class and sharing your expertise on Medicare Fraud and HICAP! The students have shared with me that you have been their favorite speaker so far! They loved your stories and enthusiasm! It’s so good that the students and myself are seeing the big picture and the interrelatedness of programs. You gave us all something to think about. Thanks again for generously sharing your time with our students!”— Gina HansenProfessor, Gerontology Dept., American River College
- “Thank you for your 2011 TrOOP info! If only I had looked at your website first!… I now have a very clear explanation of what costs count toward TrOOP, thanks to your website info. Perhaps the industry will need to change the term ‘True Out of Pocket’ to avoid confusion. Thank you!”— DonnaSan Francisco
- “Our clients would otherwise be so distracted taking notes if not for being reassured in advance that we will send them home with CHA's clear, concise Medicare Fact Sheets. In doing so, they can focus on their discussion with the Counselor. We minimize the risk that the client may leave the office with hand-written notations that lack accuracy or might not make sense later.”— Tamara McKeeMonterey County
- “We consider the CHA Fact Sheets a staple, not only of of our service delivery, but also of our new-counselor training. The Fact Sheets are well-written, clear and complete, and a very helpful tool when explaining Medicare's complex features to beneficiaries. The CHA Fact Sheets are updated in a timely manner, too, making their website the go-to-resource for accurate information.”— Margaret ReillyProgram Manager, HICAP Services of Northern California, West Sacramento